Several years ago, while I was being treated for cancer, I had to come up with recipes that were vegetarian. I created this recipe because I knew it would be fun for my children to eat, and also nutritious. The shredded carrots replace shredded cheese so we didn’t feel like we were going without!
Yield - 6 servings
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 7 minutes
- 1 Box of Taco Shells (12 count) $1.59
- 2 (15 oz.) cans of Sweet Peas ($1.39 each) $2.78
- 6 Organic Carrots $1.00
- 1 (32 oz.) can of Tomato Sauce $1.00
- Warm tomato sauce in a pan on the stove top.
- Drain water out of the cans of peas. Add the peas to the tomato sauce. Simmer to keep warm.
- Heat Taco shells in the oven for around 7 minutes, according to package directions.
- Use a grater to shred carrots into a bowl.
- To serve – fill taco shell with approximately 2 to 3 Tablespoons of the peas/mixture. Top with 2 to 3 teaspoons of shredded carrots.
- Serve 2 tacos per person.