I found a great price on boneless, skinless chicken strips…they were only 99 cents a pound! My husband has an easy recipe, passed down from his mother, that we like to use. We make this in a regular frying pan, and it doesn’t take very long for them to fry up in the pan. Plus, our teenagers love them!
Pan Fried Chicken
Yield – 6 servings Preparation Time – 10 minutes Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 3 pound package of boneless, skinless chicken strips ($2.97, Manager’s Special)
- 2 eggs ($.26)
- 1 cup of Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs ($1.28)
- 1 box Stove Stop Stuffing ($1.25, on sale)
- 2 cans Green Giant Corn ($.69 each, on sale)
- Vegetable Oil for frying.
- Mix eggs together in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Pour Bread Crumbs on a plate, or in a bowl. (for dipping chicken)
- Take Chicken and dip in the eggs.
- Then roll Chicken in the bread crumbs.
- Fry, using just under 1 inch of oil, in frying pan, at medium/high heat. Takes about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked all the way through.
- Serve with stuffing and corn.