This is a fun dinner for teenagers! It is so easy to make and very economical. The hardest part about this recipe is waiting for those potatoes to finish baking! You might want to consider pre-cooking the potatoes the day before. Then just re-heat whenever you are ready. I made mine early in the afternoon so we could have them ready at our normal dinner-time.
Baked Potato Tacos
Yield - 8 servings
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 1 hour and 30 minutes
- 8 medium size potatoes $1.06
- 1 pound ground beef $2.75
- 1 package taco seasoning (1.25 oz.) .49 cents
- 3/4 cup of water
- 8 teaspoon of sour cream .36 cents
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese .25 cents
- Bake potatoes in a 350 degree oven for about an hour and a half.
- Brown beef in a pan until cooked. Add water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Then simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Cut each potato in half. Use a fork to lightly mash the inside to loosen and make room for toppings.
- Scoop 1 heaping Tablespoon of seasoned burger in each half.
- Top with 1 teaspoon of sour cream and a sprinkling of cheddar cheese.
- Serving size is one potato (2 halves) per person.