- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Sauteed Okra Recipe
Posted By Tricia H On June 27, 2013 @ 5:00 pm In Fresh Veggies,Garden,Recipes,Side Dish | 1 Comment
Summer comes and it’s always time for fried okra . But it’s also always good to have a lighter version of a garden favorite. That’s when it’s time to slice up and saute your okra.
Four cups of sliced okra makes a wonderful side for my family of seven. Yum!
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 4 cups okra, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sea salt
- other spices to taste
- Rinse okra well and pat dry.
- Slice in 1/2 sized slices, discarding ‘caps’ and tips if desired.
- Place olive oil in saute pan.
- Place sliced okra in pan.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and/or your favorite spices.
- Toss gently.
- Saute approximately 10 minutes or until desired tenderness.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/sauteed-okra-recipe/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 fried okra: http://www.hodgepodge.me/2012/03/nanas-fried-okra-recipe/
 Add this recipe to ZipList!: http://www.5dollardinners.comvoid(0);
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.