Summer comes and it’s always time for fried okra. But it’s also always good to have a lighter version of a garden favorite. That’s when it’s time to slice up and saute your okra.
Four cups of sliced okra makes a wonderful side for my family of seven. Yum!
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 4 cups okra, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sea salt
- other spices to taste
- Rinse okra well and pat dry.
- Slice in 1/2 sized slices, discarding ‘caps’ and tips if desired.
- Place olive oil in saute pan.
- Place sliced okra in pan.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and/or your favorite spices.
- Toss gently.
- Saute approximately 10 minutes or until desired tenderness.