I love cooking from scratch when I can, but there are some days when quick and easy is a must.
Zatarain’s jambalaya mix is delicious right out of the box, and when it goes on sale I stock up for this quick and frugal meal. Pair it with a green salad for a perfect dinner!
Sausage Jambalaya with Salad
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 1 box Zatarain’s jambalaya mix ($1)
- 1 12 oz. package smoked sausage ($1.50)
- 1 Tbsp oil ($0.03)
- 1 can black beans ($0.69)
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce ($0.40)
- 1 roma tomato, chopped ($0.70)
- 1/2 cucumber ($0.35)
- favorite dressing ($0.10)
- Slice sausage and brown in canola oil. Add jambalaya mix following package directions. Drain beans and add right at the end of cooking the rice.
- Serve with a chopped salad.