- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Sausage Apple Egg Casserole
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On February 19, 2010 @ 5:56 pm In Breakfast,Dairy Free,Eggs,Recipes | 26 Comments
It’s hard to photograph egg casseroles. Every time I’ve tried, it just doesn’t look as good as it tastes. I suppose it’s the bland colors.
Anyways…L-O-V-E-D the sausage and apple flavors in this casserole!
6 slices wheat bread ($.25)
1 lb. mild sausage ($1.99)
1 onion, chopped ($.20)
1 granny smith apple, peeled and chopped ($.25)
8 eggs ($.80)
1/2 cup milk ($.05)
Salt and pepper
Fresh Fruit ($1)
1. Spray 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Tear 6 slices of bread and place into the baking dish.
2. Add 1 lb. of cooked sausage.
3. Add 1 chopped onion and 1 chopped granny smith apple.
4. Toss together in the baking dish.
5. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and salt and pepper. Pour over the bread, sausage and apple mixture in the baking dish.
6. (For best results, refrigerate overnight.) Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes.
7. Serve Sausage Apple Egg Casserole with fresh fruit.
P.S. I actually made this for our Christmas guests…just haven’t found the time to share it, until now!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/sausage-apple-egg-casserole/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.