It’s hard to photograph egg casseroles. Every time I’ve tried, it just doesn’t look as good as it tastes. I suppose it’s the bland colors.
Anyways…L-O-V-E-D the sausage and apple flavors in this casserole!
Sausage Apple Egg Casserole
Yield – 6 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 45 to 55 minutes
- 6 slices wheat bread ($.25)
- 1 lb. mild sausage ($1.99)
- 1 onion, chopped ($.20)
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and chopped ($.25)
- 8 eggs ($.80)
- 1/2 cup milk ($.05)
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh Fruit ($1)
- Spray 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Tear 6 slices of bread and place into the baking dish.
- Add 1 lb. of cooked sausage.
- Add 1 chopped onion and 1 chopped granny smith apple.
- Toss together in the baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and salt and pepper. Pour over the bread, sausage and apple mixture in the baking dish.
- (For best results, refrigerate overnight.) Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes.
- Serve Sausage Apple Egg Casserole with fresh fruit.