- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Lindsey’s Saucy Roast Beef
Posted By Lindsey On April 4, 2012 @ 5:30 pm In Casein Free,Dairy Free,Food Allergies on a Budget,Recipes | 4 Comments
When beef roasts go on sale I always make sure to pick one up to make this delicious roast. It’s incredibly simple, allergy friendly, and sure to please your family.
This recipe takes a little bit of forethought as it takes a few hours to roast, but it’s worth it. As it cooks, it makes a lovely gravy that you can pour on some mashed potatoes when you serve up dinner.
Saucy Roast Beef
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 4 hours
- 4lb beef roast, whatever cut is on sale is fine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 water
- 1 packet Zatarain’s Cajun Brown Gravy Mix (or sub a homemade gravy mix)
- 1 packet Italian Dressing Mix (or sub a homemade mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- Preheat your oven to 325F.
- In a dutch oven, heat up the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Sear the roast on all sides until browned.
- Fill a measuring cup with the water and then add in all of the packets and spices. Mix it well.
- Pour water mixture over the top of the roast.
- Pop the roast in the oven for 4-6 hours. You’ll know it’s done when it simply falls apart at the touch of a fork. If it hasn’t made it to that point, roast it a little longer and check again.
You could also, if you need to, put all of the ingredients in a crock pot in the morning and let it cook all day on low. Pop some potatoes in there as well and you’ll have most of a dinner when you get home from work.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/saucy-roast-beef/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 Add this recipe to ZipList!: http://www.5dollardinners.comvoid(0);
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.