Cabbage may be one of those veggies that you see on sale throughout the summer, but you’re not sure what to do with it. Besides making cole slaw, of course!
I ran across these roasted cabbage wedges from Martha, but decided that they would be even better if my homemade ranch dressing poured over top. My husband and I both loved this so much, that I couldn’t not share it. And at the very least, you now have 2 tasty options for cabbage. Cole slaw, and roasted with ranch!
And I picked red cabbage because I think it’s prettier 🙂
Simply cut out the stem, cut into wedges, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt over top. Roast, pour dressing over top.
Perfect side dish for some grilled chicken, burgers or steaks! (Which makes me think…these could totally be grilled along side your meat, if you put them over indirect heat for 15-20 minutes.)
Roasted Red Cabbage with Homemade Ranch Dressing
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 35 to 40 minutes
- 1 red cabbage, cut into wedges
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Salt for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup homemade ranch dressing
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Place the red cabbage wedges into a glass or metal baking dish. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt over the top.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- While roasting, prepare the homemade ranch dressing.
- Let the cabbage cool for 10 to 15 minutes before adding the ranch dressing.
- Enjoy this side dish with grilled chicken, burgers or steaks.
- If you prefer to grill these, be sure to place them over indirect heat on the grill. Depending on the temperature of the grill, they would take between 15-20 minutes to cook.