- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Roasted Broccoli with Golden Raisins and Peanuts – Grow. Eat. $ave.
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On September 28, 2011 @ 5:00 pm In Garden,Grow. Eat. Save.,Healthy Holiday,Recipes,Side Dish | 3 Comments
Broccoli Raisin Salad. Quite possibly my favorite “cold vegetable” salad.
When thinking about trying a new way to fix broccoli, I kept going back to my favorite cold version of broccoli raisin salad. But it didn’t sound right as I thought about it. Maybe it’s the chili weather, or mourning the loss of summer (yes, I am in mourning. Not a winter person here.), or all the rain. But, I felt a summer-like broccoli raisin salad wouldn’t sit right. It would make me feel funny…and thus make it taste funny. Even if I made it the same way I always do.
Then it occurred to me that a warm version would be entirely possible. And that it might actually be good. And that any leftovers could be turned into a cold version with a little sweet mayo dressing.
So that settled it.
Roasted Broccoli Raisin Salad it would be. Without the mayo part.
And it did not disappoint.
(So much so that I’m thinking about serving this with one of our holiday meals this year.)
Roasted Broccoli with Golden Raisins and Peanuts
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 4 heads of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- Drizzles of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place the broccoli florets on silicone baking mat on a baking sheet. (Parchment paper would work if you don’t have a silicone mat.) Sprinkle the raisins and minced onion over the top.
- Drizzle olive oil over top, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until broccoli turns brighter green (but don’t let the raisins brown too much.) I suggest checking it after 8 minutes, or gently tossing if you notice the raisins on the edge getting brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Sprinkle chopped peanuts over top just before serving.
- Serve Roasted Broccoli with Golden Raisins and Peanuts.
If you’d like to learn more about Square Foot Gardening, please check out the Square Foot Gardening books  by Mel Bartholemew.
Got a favorite broccoli recipe to share?! Leave a link below or in the comments.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/roasted-broccoli/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 Square Foot Gardening books: http://www.5dollardinners.com/squarefootgardeningbook
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.