For a while now, I’ve been toying with the idea of putting myself on a Gluten Free diet. No real reason really. Just want to see if I feel any different when eliminating gluten.
And here is a recipe that will be on the menu when (if ever) I decide to make that leap.
Red Quinoa with Avocado, Black Beans and Corn
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 1 cup red quinoa ($1)
- 1 cup frozen diced green pepper ($.29)
- 1 cup frozen corn ($.29)
- 2 cups cooked black beans ($.40) (Or learn how to cook your own beans here.) 
- 1/4 cup lime juice ($.10)
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped (free from the garden)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, diced ($1)
- In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, corn and black beans.
- Once softened, add the lime juice and cilantro.
- In a saucepan, cook the red quinoa as directed on the package.
- Once cooked, mix the quinoa in with the sauteing veggies.
- Dice up an avocado.
- Serve the avocado on top of the quinoa and veggies.
(I could have eaten 18 bowls. I really would have.)