2 Tbsp spicy or Dijon mustard ($.20)
3 Tbsp milk ($.03)
1 cup flour ($.14) Use rice flour for gluten free
1 tsp paprika ($.05)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 1.2 lb package chicken tenderloins, cut into pieces ($2.03) Bought and froze these when on sale for $1.77/lb!
8 oz. shells pasta noodles ($.49) Use rice pasta for gluten free meal
1 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce ($.55)
4 Corn Cobs ($.68 ) This is the last of the $.17/ear corn! I hope it goes back on sale soon!
2 Tbsp butter ($.20)
1. In small bowl, whisk mustard and milk. In another separate small bowl, combine flour, paprika, salt and pepper.
2. Dip chicken tenderloin pieces in mustard/milk mixture, then toss in flour mixture, until completely coated with batter.
3. Place dipped chicken tenders on greased foil covered baking sheet. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, or until chicken has cooked through. Dust off excess flour with pastry brush after cooking.
4. In medium saucepan, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and return to saucepan. Add spaghetti sauce and toss until pasta is coated in sauce.
5. Remove husks and threads from corn and boil in large saucepan for 4-5 minutes. Serve warm with butter.
6. Serve Oven Fried Chicken Nuggets with Pasta Marinara and Corn Cobs.
***If Mr. Linky is still stick, which I hear he is, and you can’t see the linky box, leave your link in the comments!
Have a Frugal and Healthy Recipe to share?
Post the recipe on your blog and then add the link below. Other guidelines can be found here. To make it easy for other readers to find your recipe, please leave the link that leads directly to your recipe post. Any links that lead to your homepage will be deleted. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to leave your recipe in the comments section!