Vegetables on the grill, tossed with red quinoa.
Red Quinoa with Grilled Summer Veggies
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 1 small zucchini ($.79)
- 1 orange pepper ($1)
- 1/2 yellow pepper ($.50)
- 1/2 white onion ($.15)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced ($.10)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil ($.10)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup quinoa ($1)
- 4 ears of corn ($.60) $.15 an ear…woot!
- Chop 1 zucchini, 1 orange pepper, 1/2 yellow pepper, 1/2 onion and minced garlic and toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Season with a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Grill in a vegetable grill basket.
- Cook quinoa according to instructions on the package.
- Combine cooked quinoa with grilled summer vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add some fresh chopped parsley or basil from the garden if you have it!
- Boil, microwave or grill the corn .
- Serve Quinoa with Grilled Summer Vegetables and Corn Cobs.
Note: This made the perfect amount for my family…if making for 4 adults or for more…add more quinoa to the dish to stretch it out. There were plenty of veggies.