- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Quiche Biscuit Cups – Breakfast Week
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On March 10, 2011 @ 8:00 am In Breakfast,Eggs,Homemade,How To | 23 Comments
I’m in love. I’m not sure I’ll ever go back to regular muffins.
I kid…but seriously, these were absolutely scrumptious!!!
Duffy sent this recipe to me and I knew I had to try it and share it you all for breakfast week!
Before we get to the nitty gritty, here are some other “drop-ins”…
Dry ingredients for the biscuit dough.
Cut in the butter/margarine.
Stream in the milk.
Mix with a fork until dough ball forms.
In the palm of your hand, flatten a little ball of dough, then press it out along the side of the bowl…before putting it into the muffin well.
Nice and snug and cozy!
Add green onions.
(LOVE the green onion flavor in these!
Add the crumbled bacon.
Now the milk-egg mixture.
Fill it up to the top of the dough line.
If you overfill, don’t stress too much…they will be fine!
Sprinkle with a little cheese.
Try not to eat more than 2 or 3 in one sitting.
Bacon and Green Onion Quiche Biscuit Cups
Adapted from the recipe Duffy sent me
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Salt and pepper
- Handful shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 24 regular size muffin cups with non stick cooking spray.
- Prepare the biscuit dough. Add all the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk together. Cut in the butter and then use a fork to stir in the milk. Mix until a dough forms. Add a sprinkle of flour to your hands and begin forming small circles to fit into the base of the muffin tins.
- Once all the biscuit dough is in the muffin tins, add the green onions and crumbled bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Pour over top of the green onions and bacon, filling to the top of the biscuit dough. Sprinkle with a pinchful of cheese.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving. Serve with smoothies or fresh fruit!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/quiche-biscuit-cups-breakfast-week/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.