- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Pumpkin Coconut Bread
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On October 7, 2009 @ 4:55 pm In Baking,Healthy Snacks | 16 Comments
Today I spent some time in the kitchen. Most of the afternoon, really. I joined in the Twitter #bakingday fun , being hosted by Crystal at Money Saving Mom . And let me tell ya…it’s way more fun baking with others, even if they aren’t actually in the kitchen with you!!!
I’ve been creating some space in the freezer this week…only to fill it back up with today’s baked goodies!
Overall I made and mostly froze (because some had to be consumed for quality control purposes!!!)…
Because what a shame to not send these through quality control!!! They passed the mom, little boy and big boy test! All approved!
I modified this eggless recipe !
1 1/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup milk (I used rice milk)
1 15 oz. can pure pumpkin
1 cup coconut flakes
2 1/2 cup wheat flour
1 cup white flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 large loaf pans…or 1 loaf pan and 8 mini-loaf tins.
2. In stand mixer or large mixing bowl, mix eggs, brown sugar, sugar, oil, applesauce, milk, pumpkin and coconut flakes, until well blended. Add wheat and white flours, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon and mix into the wet ingredients for 2-3 minutes (in stand mixer or with hand mixer.). Fold in walnuts.
3. Pour batter into 2 loaf pans or 1 loaf pan and 8 mini-loaf tins.
4. Bake at 350. Large loaf pans for 50-55 minutes. Mini-loaf tin for 22-24 minutes, or until knife/toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool on cooking rack.
6. Serve or freeze.
Want healthy and inexpensive meal ideas, the hottest coupons and other money saving tips delivered to your inbox??? Sign up for the FREE $5 Dinners Email Newsletter !
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/pumpkin-coconut-bread/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 Twitter #bakingday fun: http://twitter.com/#search?q=bakingday
 Crystal at Money Saving Mom: http://www.moneysavingmom.com/money_saving_mom/2009/10/baking-day-the-master-plan.html
 Cinnamon Butternut Squash Muffins: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/09/cinnamon-butternut-squash-muffins.html
 this eggless recipe: http://www.theppk.com/recipes/dbrecipes/index.php?RecipeID=234
 FREE $5 Dinners Email Newsletter: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=5Dinners
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.