Here’s our “breakfast for dinner” this week. I ended up doubling this recipe and freezing a batch! Still working on my “Freezer Stock Up” list for post-baby…Hoping to get it posted next week
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Waffles
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 t pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 3/4 cups milk *I used rice milk
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips ($1)
- 4 tablespoons margarine melted and cooled (All waffle ingredients $2.25)
- 1 Orange and 2 apples ($1.25)
- Butter and Syrup ($.50)
- Make waffle batter (all above ingredients minus the fruit/butter and syrup) in blender or in mixing bowl with hand mixer.
- Place on greased waffle iron. Cook until steam stops escaping from the waffle iron.
- Cut oranges and apples.
- Serve Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Waffles with Fruit.