Get. In. My. Belly.
(Name that movie!!?!!)
Oh my heavens…next time you pick up a pork roast, please make these. Please. Please. Please!
First cook the pork roast in the slow cooker…then divide the meat into 2 meal portions and then proceed…
Make the soy-sesame-garlic-onion-ginger sauce.
Pour over the pulled pork and toss.
Set the rest of the BBQ pulled pork in the fridge and use later in the week on sliders!
If you are hosting a Memorial Day gathering, consider making these for guests…a pound of the pulled pork would easily make a dozen or more “mini” lettuce wraps…just use a smaller lettuce leaf for each!
Sesame Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps
- About 1 pound BBQ pulled pork, cooked in slow cooker ($1.99 for 1 lb. pork +$.25 for BBQ)
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce – Use GF if GF ($.10)
- 2 tsp sesame oil ($.30)
- 1 tsp garlic powder ($.05)
- 1 tsp onion powder ($.05)
- 1 tsp ground ginger ($.05)
- Dashes of pepper
- Large or small lettuce leaves from the garden
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated ($.10)
- Side dish ideas – pineapple, cooked sweet potatoes  ($.79)
- Place a 2-3 lb. pork roast in the slow cooker. Pour about 1/2 cup water in the base, then pour 1/2 cup BBQ sauce over the top. Cook on low for 8 hours. When done cooking, remove from the slow cooker and using 2 forks, pull the meat apart. Split the pulled pork into 2 meals worth…one for this meal, and the rest for BBQ pulled pork sliders.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder, onion powder and ground ginger with a few dashes of pepper. Pour over the half of the pulled pork that you will use for the lettuce wraps.
- Pick and clean a few lettuce leaves…or get some from the fridge!
- Place some of the Sesame Pulled Pork into the lettuce and top with some grated carrots.
- Serve Sesame Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps with pineapple or cooked sweet potatoes!