A very kid friendly meal…and more great recipes coming this weekend…Corn and Salsa Soup and then Mexican Lasagna on Sunday!
Provolone Wrapped Chicken
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 35 minutes
- 3 chicken breasts ($2.25)
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil ($.10)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices provolone cheese ($.84)
- Homemade rolls ($.48)
- 1 cup frozen peas ($.25)
- Cut chicken breasts into strips. Drizzle EVOO over the top and add salt and pepper. Bake in baking dish at 350 for 25-35 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Carefully take one strip and wrap half a piece of provolone cheese around the chicken.
- Cheese will melt over warm chicken strips.
- Warm homemade rolls.
- Prepare side dish – we had peas.
- Serve Provolone Wrapped Chicken with a fresh veggie.