A very kid friendly meal…and more great recipes coming this weekend…Corn and Salsa Soup and then Mexican Lasagna on Sunday!
Provolone Wrapped Chicken
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 35 minutes
- 3 chicken breasts ($2.25)
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil ($.10)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices provolone cheese ($.84)
- Homemade rolls ($.48)
- 1 cup frozen peas ($.25)
- Cut chicken breasts into strips. Drizzle EVOO over the top and add salt and pepper. Bake in baking dish at 350 for 25-35 minutes. Remove from oven. Carefully take one strip and wrap half a piece of provolone cheese around the chicken.
- Cheese will melt over warm chicken strips.
- Warm homemade rolls…we are eating the leftovers from last night.
- Cook peas. Serve it up!
I’m looking for a few good frugal recipes for my November and December menu plans! Send your favorite frugal recipe, or perhaps a not so frugal recipe, as I’m always up for a good challenge! Click on “Contact Me” above to send me your idea! I will be sure to give you all the credit when I make the meal!