This is my tribute to TC…except a little on the healthier side!
Potato, Egg and Cheese Tacos
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 8-10 Tortillas ($1.29)
- 6-8 small white potatoes, diced ($.99)
- 6-8 eggs ($.95)
- 1-2 cups cheese ($1.25)
- 1 oranges and 1 apple, cut into quarters (or any other favorite seasonal fruit) ($.50)
- (Warm tortillas in oven or microwave). Cook diced potatoes in small amount of water in bottom of skillet (use oil if you prefer “greaser” potatoes!). Season with S/P, or other “seasoning”. When cooked, transfer to plate. Scramble 6-8 eggs in the same skillet. I like to add a little milk in with the eggs. Season with S/P. Once eggs are almost fully cooked, stir in potatoes and mix. Let eggs and potatoes finish “mixing flavors”.
- Here’s where you’re choice comes in….
- Option #1 add cheese to potatoes and eggs in skillet. Let melt. The spoon into tortillas and roll.
- Option #2 spoon egg/potato mix into tortilla, then sprinkle with cheese. Roll to eat.
- Serve with orange slices.
- Enjoy some goodness and try to keep the eggs/potatoes mix from falling out the bottom!