I started making this meal on the news set at Fox 45 this morning and thought…I might as well finish cooking it up! A perfect fall dish for a beautiful fall day! The colors seemed to really have popped here in the last few days, despite the Indian Summer Days!
Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Apples and Pears
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours
- 1 pork roast ($1.84) I bought this roast on sale for $5.32, used a $1.50 off Kroger coupon. I will use half of the pork for this meal and the other half soon!
- 1 apple ($.49) Big sale this week!!!
- 1 pear ($.59)
- 1/2 onion ($.15)
- 1 cup apple cider or juice ($.20)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lb asparagus ($.75) Sale at Kroger this week!
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil ($.25)
- Place roast into your slow cooker. Pour apple cider/juice over the top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Slice (and peel if you like) the apple and pear. Dice the onion. Toss it all around the pork roast. Set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Just before dinner, saute asparagus in EVOO for 4-5 minutes, until it turns a brighter green color. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve apples and pears over the pork with a side of asparagus! Yum!