I started making this meal on the news set at Fox 45 this morning and thought…I might as well finish cooking it up! A perfect fall dish for a beautiful fall day! The colors seemed to really have popped here in the last few days, despite the Indian Summer Days!
Pork Roast with Apples and Pears
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours
- 1 pork roast ($1.84) I bought this roast on sale for $5.32, used a $1.50 off Kroger coupon. I will use half of the pork for this meal and the other half soon!
- 1 apple ($.49) Big sale this week!!!
- 1 pear ($.59)
- 1/2 onion ($.15)
- 1 cup apple cider or juice ($.20)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lb asparagus ($.75) Sale at Kroger this week!
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil ($.25)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas ($.25)
- Place roast into your crockpot. Pour apple cider/juice over the top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Slice (and peel if you like) the apple and pear. Dice the onion. Toss it all around the pork roast. Set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Just before dinner, saute asparagus in EVOO for 4-5 minutes, until it turns a brighter green color. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook peas for the little people!
- Serve apples and pears over the pork with a side of asparagus! Yum!