Have you seen the new names for pork chops yet? They’ve recently undergone a name makeover, to help you better understand what cut you are purchasing and best ways to cook that cut. The new names more mirror similar cuts of beef/steak. A few weeks ago, I shared my recipe for Grilled New York Pork Chops with Zucchini & Tomatoes, served on top. I was bouncing around on the Pork Be Inspired website, trying to find a new recipe to try with the rest of the pork chops that came in the giant family package. The American Pride Pork Chops caught my eye and the rub ingredients intrigued me…I wasn’t entirely convinced that thyme and allspice would work well as a pork rub.
So I tried. And mmmmm….
I meant to grill them, but alas, it was quite rainy that afternoon…so I baked them instead. Not quite the same smoky, full flavor…but delicious nonetheless!
Click here to see the American Pride Pork Chops recipe.
Click photo to see the other recipe.
So what about the giveaway Erin?!?
Grilling just got a whole lot easier…and so did slicing up your pork chops! I’m uber excited that the folks at Pork Be Inspired have put together a lovely prize pack for one of you to win this week. Here’s what’s included ~
- 4 Wusthof steak knives
- Cuisinart Deluxe Grill Set
- Pork Be Inspired Branded Apron
- Pig Piggy Bank
- Pork Be Inspired BBQ Brush
I’ve never owned any Wusthof knives and “ooo-weee-oooo” are they nice! And while I grill quite a bit, my husband is head over heals for his new grilling tools! And the boys are still fighting over the piggy bank!
If you’re wanting a chance to win this prize pack, check out the details below…
1. Contest ends Monday, August 5th at 5 pm EST.
- Entry #1: Leave a comment sharing your favorite way to prepare pork chops! (Me…grilled with some grilled veggies on top!)
- Entry #2: Tweet the following: New names for pork chops. New prize pack for me? I wanna win… @porkbeinspired http://www.5dollardinners.com/pork-pack-giveaway/#GrillPorkLikeASteak
- Entry #3: Get Pork Recipes on Facebook.
- Entry #4: Follow $5 Dinners on Pinterest.
- Please leave separate comments for each entry.
2. Winner will be selected by Random.org. Winners will be announced back here on this post, and notified via email with further instructions.
**NOTE: If you receive the email newsletter and wish to enter this giveaway, click on the title of this giveaway to get to the site and leave a comment on the site with your name and email address to be entered!
*Disclosure: This giveaway and post are part of a Pork Be Inspired sponsored campaign. Thoughts an opinions are my own, as always.