Another busy week for our family…it started Sunday, with a wild afternoon of Pinewood Derby with their Cub Scout pack, followed by more Cub Scout events and the Mexico-South Korea pre-World Cup (something like that!) soccer game tonight. Plus more to come tomorrow, Friday and into the weekend. (Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl? I’m picking the opposite of who my husband is rooting for…just to keep things fun and spicy!)
Also…we’ve reached the “I need a pocket knife to whittle sticks” age…Ryan earns money for various chores and work around the house, above and beyond daily tasks. He was thinking he could save up for one, but then approached us with a new idea. We had a very mature conversation (for an 8 year old!) this afternoon where he asked if we could compromise…and that if he worked on his own on the next 2 “belt loop” requirements, that we could buy the pocket knife for him once he’s earned the belt loops. My husband and I thought that was fair enough, and now Ryan is super motivated now to get his next accomplish the tasks for his next belt loops. Win-win.
For this one moment, I felt like we are winning at this parenting game. (We’ll see how long that feeling lasts!)
Just wanted to share as an encouragement…to embrace these “winning moments” and remember them, when you/we/I am not winning at the parenting game
Alas, we move onto the recipes…
Figured out what meals you want to make…now find the best deals by searching in the Favado app to determine which store has the best price on ingredients (mainly meats and vegetables)? Use the app to get the most bang for your grocery buck!
Or spin the table and search the Favado app before making your meal plan, then plan your meals based on your family’s favorite ingredients that are on sale!
Our Family’s Meal Plan
- Cold cereal (scored a deal on some GF cereal at Sprouts and HEB this week!)
- Salsa Verde Breakfast Tacos (recipe coming this week!)
- Salad or soup for Erin
- Muffins, chicken or HB egg, fruit, carrot sticks, applesauce for boys
- Sandwiches, apple, chips for Steve
- BBQ Meatball Sliders (Using up pre-cooked and frozen meatballs!)
- Fish sticks and frozen veggies (Monday was one of “those” days!)
- Black Beans with Mango & Cilantro (I picked up some cheap overripe mangoes at Sprouts, but they need to be cooked and not eaten raw!)
- Cast Iron Chicken Enchiladas (recipe coming soon!)
- Chef’s Salad Wraps (recipe coming soon!)
Find all these recipes pinned onto Erin’s Chase Family Meal Plans board on Pinterest…pin them to your boards!