It’s that time. It’s garlic planting time!
When it comes to planting garlic for the spring, here are a few guidelines you’ll want to follow…
- Plant in a location with full sun, that is well drained, with nutrient rich soil (from compost or fertilizer)
- Separate the cloves in the bulb, and peel apart individual bulbs.
- Use only the larger cloves from the outside of the bulb for best results.
- Place in the hole with the flat-bottom pointing down.
- Top with nutrient rich soil.
- Add layer of mulch, straw, leaves.
- Watch and wait for sprouts.
- Harvest bulbs come spring time.
There you have it. A few tips and tricks for planting garlic in your garden.
(Here’s hoping that the pesky chipmunks don’t dig it up. At least I can rest knowing that they’ll have really bad breath if they choose to lunch on it!)