This one is for my husband.
He went to the grocery store recently on a hunt for pistachio ice cream…he doesn’t do this often…but he was really craving it, so he went. But he returned home with some kind of “neopolitan,” although it wasn’t neopolitan, per say. It was a combination of something, something and pistachio. And he proceeded to then only eat the green pistachio ice cream out of the container…leaving the other 2 colors behind. It was kinda sad.
Feeling bad for the fact that he couldn’t find pistachio only version ice cream, I decided to whip up a little treat for him. In the form of a pudding parfait…close enough, I suppose!
(And next week, when I hit the grocery store, I’m gonna find the freezer section manager and ask where the pistachio ice cream is…because I know it’s out there. In its own box.)
Happy sweet summer treating yourself y’all!
Pistachio Pudding Parfaits
Yield – 8 dessert servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 1 8 oz. tub Cool Whip ($1, generic version)
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened ($.30)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar ($.25)
- 2 packages Pistachio instant pudding (plus milk) ($1.25)
- Handful of Pistachios, crushed ($1)
- Handful crushed vanilla wafers for each serving ($.25)
- In a bowl,
- Prepare the pudding as directed.
- Layer the cool whip combo, pudding and pistachios-wafers into serving glasses.
- Serve chilled on hot summer evening.
Other Favorite Parfaits