- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Pinto Beans with Peaches and Bacon
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On April 19, 2013 @ 5:00 pm In Beans,Dairy Free,GFCFSF,Gluten Free,Recipes,Side Dish | 2 Comments
Before you wonder off to your next stop online…hear me out on this one. I know it sounds strange.
Taking our boys out for dinner is an adventure. We don’t go out often, but when we do it’s usually with family, so we at least have a 1 on 1 ratio at the table. We divide and conquer, which makes the whole dining experience a little easier…but they are still wiggly.
Those of you with littles…you’ve said these things before. I can’t be alone in this.
Our boys know how to sit still. But they are boys and their sitting still usually lasts no more than 5 minutes. They would just prefer to be in motion! One of the ways that we combat the wiggles at restaurants is by visiting restaurants with play areas. So far we have discovered several near us…
We find ourselves frequenting these places, and especially Two Bros. because it’s super close to where we live. It’s reasonably priced and we can feed our crew for less than most other restaurants! The first time I had their beans was at night and I was totally puzzled by them, as we were eating outside, it was dim and I couldn’t tell by looking at them, what was added. I could tell there was something mixed in, but couldn’t place the flavor the first few bites. It was something sweet, but not too sweet. It was perfectly balanced with the spice from the sauce and the smokiness from the bacon. By the time I’d finished my portion of beans, I’d figured out that there were diced peaches mixed in with the beans and the bacon. Seriously, great (and clever) addition to the beans. The peaches are a tasty addition and a great balancer of the spice and smoke flavors!
Here’s my remake of their Pinto Beans with Peaches and Bacon y’all!
(These would be great for a family BBQ, or to make at the start of the weekend and eat throughout the weekend with food from the grill!)
Pinto Beans with Peaches and Bacon
Inspired by Two Bros BBQ restaurant
Yield – 12 to 16 side dish servings
Preparation Time – * minutes
Cooking Time – * minutes
- 1 lb. pinto beans, rinsed and soaked
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crushed
- 1 23.5 oz. jar or container of peaches, drained and diced (reserve the juices)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- about 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- Salt to taste
- Add the soaked beans with at least 1 inch of water to a large saucepan or stock pot. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, crushed bacon, diced peaches plus 1 cup of the peaches juice. Stir in the brown sugar, pepper. Return to boil, then reduce heat to medium, cover tightly with lid and cook for about 1.5 hours, or until beans are tender. Add salt to taste.
- Serve Pinto Beans with Peaches and Bacon as side dish with favorite meat from the grill. They are perfect for a backyard BBQ!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/pinto-beans-with-peaches-and-bacon/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.