Fire up the broiler and call everyone for dinner! This one doesn’t take long to get on the table at all!
The reason…the meat in a cheesesteak is super thin and doesn’t take long to cook at all. You’ll spend more time slicing up the bell peppers than you will sautéing everything together!
The flavors in this are simple, just as they should be. The only note I’ll add is that I used pepper Jack cheese to give it a spicy kick. You could use a milder Monterey Jack or the traditional-to-Philly-cheesesteaks Provolone cheese.
That’s it…here’s yet another amazing and delicious dinner you can have on the table in a flash!
Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. top sirloin steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 4 hoagie or sub rolls
- 8 slices pepper Jack cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh fruit, as side dish
- Favorite chips, as side dish
- Turn the broiler on in the oven.
- Add the sliced onion, bell pepper and mushrooms to large skillet and saute until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Add the olive oil to the same skillet and saute the thinly sliced meat in the veggie juices. Saute for a few minutes, or until cooked through. Add the veggies back in with the sauteed beef. For the cheese, you can melt it into the meat-veggie mixture, or you can add it on top of the meat once you assemble the sandwiches.
- Add ¼ of the meat-veggie mixture to each of the hoagie or sub rolls. Add 2 slices of cheese on top and place them all on metal baking sheet.
- Run them under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread begins to golden.
- Serve Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches with fruit and chips.
Erin’s Personal Recommendations for 31-Minute Recipe Supplies:
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 12-Inch Skillet with Glass Cover
- Black & Decker 3-Cup Dry/6-Cup Cooked Rice Cooker
- Pyrex 2 pk Clear Baking Dishes
- Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, 4.5 qt
- Rubbermaid 12-Piece New Premier Food Storage Container Set – Dishwasher, microwave, and freezer safe; BPA free
See all of our 31 Days of 31-Minute Dinner Recipes here!
Other “31 Days of” Series to check out:
- 31 Days of School Lunchbox Ideas
- 31 Days of Slow Cooker Meals
- 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals
- 31 Days of Freezer Cooking Recipes
- 31 Days of Skillet Dinner Recipes
- 31 Days of Breakfast Recipes
- 31 Days of Budget Friendly Paleo Recipes
- 31 Days of Grilling Recipes