- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Pesto Stuffed Burgers – Friday Nite Bite
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On August 26, 2011 @ 5:30 pm In Grill,Recipes | 8 Comments
I’ve been dreaming about these burgers for a while. A long while…ever since the Inside Out Cheeseburgers  from last summer. I’ve been pondering what other delicious things could go inside of a burger…why not pesto!?!
A little homemade pesto .
Some provolone cheese.
A tomato, sliced just moments after picking from the garden.
All together as a burger…grilled to perfection.
Talk about a serious party of flavors in your mouth!!!
Pesto Stuffed Burgers
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef or chuck ($2.24)
- 1 Tbsp steak grill seasoning ($.05)
- 4 Tbsp store bought or homemade pesto ($.50)
- 4 slices provolone cheese ($.75)
- Tomato, lettuce, onion (whatever fixins you like) ($.25)
- Ketchup, mayo (whatever condiments you like) ($.25)
- Whole wheat buns ($1)
- 4 Corn cobs ($1) ( if you like too)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the meat and steak grill seasoning. Form 8 thin, thin, thin, wide, wide, wide patties. (Remember, burgers shrink quite a bit when they grill. The patties I made were 5″ in diameter.)
- Place 4 of the patties on a large plate or serving platter. Add 1 Tbsp of homemade pesto to each patty. Then top of the other 4 patties and pinch the meat around the edges to keep the pesto from oozing out.
- Grill for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Cooking time may vary depending on thickness of your burgers and temperature of the grill.
- Boil, microwave or grill the corn .
- Serve Pesto Stuffed Burgers with your favorite fixins and corn or other vegetable.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/pesto-stuffed-burgers-%e2%80%93-friday-nite-bite/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 Inside Out Cheeseburgers: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2010/04/grilled-inside-out-cheeseburgers.html
 homemade pesto: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/07/homemade-pesto-from-the-garden.html
 grill the corn: http://www.5dollardinners.com../2009/05/how-to-grill-corn.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.