Oatmeal is the perfect breakfast food: filling, inexpensive and healthy. But hot oatmeal in the hot, sticky summer? Not so much. That is where overnight oats come to play. Overnight oats are a cold, muesli-type cereal. You prepare them the night before for a quick and easy breakfast.
The star ingredients in this recipe are peanut butter and bananas. The peanut butter adds protein and healthy fats to help keep you full throughout your morning.
Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
Adapted from The Yummy Life 
Yield – 1 serving
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 1/4 cup old fashion oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup milk (can use any milk or milk subsititute)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 small banana, sliced
- Mix oats, milk, peanut butter and brown sugar in small container.
- Add bananas and give one final stir.
- Cover and refrigate overnight. Enjoy in the morning!