- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Pasta with Kale, Lemon and Parmesan – Friday Night Bite
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On July 1, 2011 @ 5:00 pm In Garden,Pantry Challenge,Pantry Staples,Pasta,Recipes | 5 Comments
The last couple Fridays, I’ve shared some grilling ideas and grilled pizza recipes. But this Friday, it’s all about
And simple too. It’s a “boil the kale, boil the pasta, then toss with some lemon and Parmesan” kind of simple.
Serve like this…or with some fresh fruit…or with a side of grilled chicken slices. Whatever suits you!
And I hope y’all have a splendidly superb and delightful July 4th weekend!
Pasta with Kale, Lemon and Parmesan
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 10-12 kale leaves (free from the garden)
- 1 lb. small pasta noodles, fusili or small shells ($.50)
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested ($.50)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil ($.15)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese ($.50)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh fruit ($.50-$.75)
- Grilled, sliced chicken  ($2)
- In a medium saucepan, bring 6 cups of water to boil. Add 1 Tbsp salt and then add the kale leaves. Boil 2-3 minutes, or until the kale is soft and bright green. Drain in colander and rinse with cool water. Let sit for a few minutes before chopping. Then chop into bite size pieces.
- In a different saucepan (or the same one), boil the pasta noodles. Once cooked, drain and rinse with cool water if you are planning to serve this as a cold dish.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the chopped kale leaves. Then squeeze in the juice of 2 lemons, plus 1 tsp lemon zest. Add in the olive oil and some salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and toss again.
- Serve as is…or with fresh fruit…or with sliced grilled chicken on top. Or mixed in. (whatever works for you, works for me!)
- Serve chilled or warm.
Cost $4.40, at most
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/pasta-with-kale-lemon-and-parmesan-%e2%80%93-friday-night-bite/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 Grilled, sliced chicken: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2010/06/batch-grilling-chicken-breasts.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.