So this month I really wanted to take more advantage of the local farmer’s market…and spend as little as possible at the grocery store.
I succeeded in my second goal, but didn’t get to the farmer’s market. But I did get a few garden goodies from a friend whose garden is overflowing!
Despite being out of town for a week earlier this month, I’ve managed to clear out the fridge, make a sizeble dent in the freezers, and barely make my $150 spending goal.
(Forgive the iPhone photo-fuzz)
This is my refrigerator after putting away the few things I bought from the store. I will be relying on fresh frozen fruit that I’ve got in the freezer for smoothies this week…and the rest of the frozen vegetables that I’ve got in the freezer.
I am very much looking forward to getting back to our regular grocery spending of $65-$75 per week!
That’s it for this week…
- Really green bananas
- Bread, Tortillas and MS bagels for the kids (They’ve been very good and patient with this pantry challenge thus far!)
- Lots of milk, yogurt and delimeat
Total spent at Kroger: $25.62
Total for the month: $120.85 + $25.62 = $146.47 plus I forgot eggs, so I’ll bop back in for a dozen and spend another dollar!
Plus, don’t forget to see what’s happening in the rest of the Summertime Pantry Challenge Gang’s Kitchens and Gardens!!!
- Jessica from Good Cheap Eats
- Amy from The Finer Things in Life
- Jen from Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Shaina from Food for My Family
- Lynn from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures
- Tammy from Tammy’s Recipes
Thanks to Andrea at Savings Lifestyle and Marcy at Stretching a Buck for posting the best deals and coupon matchups at my stores each week! Find the coupon match-ups for your grocery store at The Frugal Map!