- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Beef & Bean ~ Oven Tacos
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On July 1, 2013 @ 5:00 pm In Beans,Beef,Gluten Free,Recipes | 17 Comments
Tacos. We love tacos. The boys devour them. They love the crunchy mess. They love the flavors. They love to see how full they can make them. And they love to eat them on their special taco plates.  (My mom gave us some for Christmas…GREAT gift!)
I love the concept of making tacos in the oven…and melting the cheese over the top of the meat. Then piling on the toppings.
I doubled up the beef-bean taco meat and stashed the other half in the freezer…I’m thinking about using it for stuffed peppers. Or another taco night. Or enchiladas. We’ll see what kind of inspiration strikes (and what other ingredients I have on hand!) when I pull it out of the freezer in the near future.
Below is the “doubled version” recipe for the taco meat. Half it, if you want just this for dinner. Make recipe as is, if you want to freeze some. Or if you have a large family. Or are feeding lots of boys. You get the picture.
Beef & Bean Oven Tacos
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cup black beans
- 2 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning 
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 8 taco shells (for 1 meal)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (for 1 meal)
- Toppings, or side suggestions – shredded lettuce, salsa, avocado chunks, guacamole, corn
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Brown the ground beef with the chopped onion. Once browned, drain well. Stir in the black beans, taco seasoning, diced tomatoes and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Line up 8 taco shells in a 7×11 inch baking dish.
- Spoon meat mixture into the taco shells. Top with a pinchfuls of cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve Beef & Bean Oven Tacos with side of veggies.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/oven-tacos/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 their special taco plates.: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00797M140?tag=5din-20
 homemade taco seasoning: http://www.5dollardinners.com/homemade-taco-seasoning/
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.