This is my first full Organic Meal for under $5…thanks to matching sales with coupons!
Oven Fried Thighs
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 40 minutes
- 6 Organic Chicken Thighs ($.73…Manager’s Special $2.73 – $2 “e-coupon” from Shortcuts.com)
- 4 T butter ($.40)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs ($.50)
- 1/2 cup soy free breadcrumbs ($.25)
- 1 bag Cascadian Farms organic French Fries ** ($2.50 sale – $1 coupon = $1.50)
- Ketchup ($.15)
- 1 bag Organic Broccoli and Carrot Slaw ($2.50 on sale – $1 “e-coupon” – $.55 store coupon = $.95)
- 3 T mayo ($.15)
- 1 t each salt, pepper, sugar for slaw ($.05)
- Dip chicken thighs in butter, then into bread crumbs. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 F for 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Quick, easy and not too messy!
- Bake french fries as directed on bag.
- Mix slaw with mayo, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Enjoy an organic meal for less than $5!!!
**Note: If you are a label reader, be sure to check labels for “organic” products. Although they are organic and are found in the health food sections, they often contain preservatives and additives. The fries I used tonight do not contain preservatives or additives. It says on the bag that it contains “apple juice to maintain color”! Cool!
For many more recipes, visit Gayle at the Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap!