There are many days when we are out on the road during meal times. Often, I cringe at the idea of taking the kids to a fast food restaurant. A good substitute is to head into the local supermarket and find quick and easy foods that can be put together in the car.
This dinner idea is one of our favorites. All you have to do is take a bulkie roll, poke a hole in the side and fill it up with whatever you want. It makes a neat, instant sandwich! All you need is a napkin or paper towel. Silverware and plates are not necessary.
For these “stuffed rolls,” we normally use salad mix as the main ingredient. If you can find a salad “kit,” which includes salad dressing and croutons, even better!
On-The-Go Salad Stuffed Rolls
Yield – 6 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 1 package of pre-washed salad mix. (12 oz.) $2.50
- Bulkie Rolls (6 pack) $2.50
- 6 slices of deli American Cheese (optional) 1 slice per roll. .84 cents
- Carefully poke a small hole in one side of a roll.
- Break up one piece of cheese and put it inside the roll.
- Add salad mix until the roll is full.
- Repeat for the rest of the rolls.
- Serve each one on a napkin.
- Serving Size is one roll per person.