I’m thrilled to be guest posting for Erin today, especially after having had the honor of meeting her in person recently. If you’ve never had the pleasure and wonder what she’s like, I have to tell you she is every bit as sweet and fun as she seems and then some! My only complaint is that she made me give her sweet baby boy back! (Erin here…you are too much Christy!)
In the spirit of $5 Dinners (Don’t ya just love her cookbook?) I thought I’d bring you my Omelet Made Easy, a quick fix supper that can be made in a flash and easily accommodates leftovers as the add ins!
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Easy Ham & Cheese Oven Omelet
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 40 minutes
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 cup diced onion and bell pepper blend (can use frozen or fresh)
- In large mixing bowl, beat eggs. Add milk and all other ingredients.
- Beat until well combined and pour into 8×8 baking dish.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about forty minutes, or until it no longer wiggles in the middle when you shake it a bit.
Customize your omelet! Substitute a cup of your favorite veggies (or leftover veggies!) for the onion and bell pepper blend, use your favorite shredded cheese in place of the cheddar, and add in bacon or sausage in place of the ham – or leave it out altogether!
Christy Jordan publishes SouthernPlate.com , her website dedicated to classic Southern dishes and quick and easy family favorites. She is a lifelong resident of Alabama where she lives with her husband and two children.