- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Nana’s Berry Easy Cake Mix Cobbler
Posted By Tricia H On July 27, 2012 @ 7:54 am In Dessert,Recipes | No Comments
Beautiful berries. Celebrate summer and enjoy a special occasion cobbler. Especially easy with a store-bought cake mix. This recipe works for any berries you come across. Those growing in your garden or those you find at the farmer’s market or the produce section of your favorite grocery store.
Besides the beauty of berries, there’s the fact that this feeds a crowd. One recipe serves 12. (Blackberry cobbler, pictured above). My mother has served the peach version of this cobbler at two different engagement parties for my cousins. Sure success.
The peach cobbler, pictured above, is especially juicy. Nana’s Old Fashioned version  is one we have adapted to feed a crowd on Sundays. Just know that this is not by any means a diet cobbler. (A diet version can be found here ). This is just easy, celebratory and delicious!
Pick up a boxed cake mix and your favorite berries. Mix them up like below – and enjoy!
Don’t you adore simple, frugal and feeds-a-crowd?
Nana’s Berry Cake Mix Cobbler
Adapted from Nana
Yield – 12 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 90 minutes
- Approximately 2 cups fresh berries (out of season, you may use canned) – enough to cover the bottom of a 9×13 pan
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 box yellow cake mix (on sale!)
- 1 stick butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray the bottom and sides of a large (at least 9×13”) pan.
- Peel and slice up enough fruit to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle 3 cups of sugar over the fruit.
- Pour 2 or 2 ½ cups tap water over the sugared fruit.
- Sprinkle box of yellow cake mix evenly over the fruit mixture.
- Dot the top of all with one stick of butter.
- Cook for 1 hour or 1 1/2hrs. until topping is browned; the cobbler will “jiggle” a little when you take it out of the oven; it will thicken up as it cools.
- Let sit and cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Scoop up into bowls or plates and top with vanilla ice cream.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/nanas-berry-easy-cake-mix-cobbler/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 The peach cobbler, pictured above, is especially juicy. Nana’s Old Fashioned version: http://www.5dollardinners.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/peach-cobbler.jpg
 found here: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=92225
 Add this recipe to ZipList!: http://www.5dollardinners.comvoid(0);
 Download the FREE $5 Dinners Toolbar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.alexa.toolbar/atbp/dgaaDl/download/index.htm
 Learn more.: http://www.5dollardinners.com/toolbar
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.