Here are a few things I’ve learned about saving a little extra $$$ on the weekly basics!
1. Buy Store Brand. For me, that means buying Kroger brand! Everything! It is always cheaper! It’s usually cheaper than the regular brand when on sale and matched with a coupon! I am not brand loyal to many brands. Definitely
2. Get a Reward Card. I save big $$$ by using my Rewards card. I also get coupons in the mail every 2-3 months for the products that I buy using my Rewards card.
3. Manager’s Special Sections. My Kroger has “Manager’s Specials” in the Meat, Bakery and Deli departments. Prices are marked down on products that need to be sold right away. You can freeze it and use it when you need it!
4. Check your Receipts. Stores will likely reimburse you for the entire price of the product if you are charged incorrectly. Check with customer service at your store for their policies.
5. Take advantage of sales. Match coupons. Send in rebates. Watch the ads and coupon sections for the products that you like. You can often find “name brand” items for less than store brand. This happens rarely for me, but it is possible!
6. Shop with a list and a plan. Do NOT stray from the list. Impulses must be controlled. Impulse buys break the budget!
7. Have fun! Play the game! Challenge yourself to NEVER pay full retail price!