- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Mexican Rice, Top 8 Allergen Free
Posted By Lindsey On October 12, 2011 @ 5:56 pm In Food Allergies on a Budget,Recipes,rice,Side Dish | 2 Comments
I don’t know about you, but I absolutely adore the lovely rice you get on the side at a Mexican restaurant. Tex Mex is the name of the game. After much trial and error I think I’ve finally recreated a recipe that’s really close to what you’ll find in a local restaurant. This rice pairs perfectly with any sort of Mexican dish and is super simple and cheap to put together. It’s also free of the top 8 allergens! I hope you enjoy it!
Yield – 4-6 servings
Preparation Time – 7 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 1 Cup Rice
- 1/3 Cup Onion, Minced
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock or Water
- Heat a large skillet to medium high and saute the onion, garlic, and rice until onions are soft and rice is slightly golden brown.
- Add in the tomato paste and stir until well incorporated.
- Add in the spices and stir to combine.
- Slowly add in in the chicken stock or water and stir until everything is well mixed.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/mexican-rice-top-8-allergen-free/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 Add this recipe to ZipList!: http://www.5dollardinners.comvoid(0);
 Download the FREE $5 Dinners Toolbar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.alexa.toolbar/atbp/dgaaDl/download/index.htm
 Learn more.: http://www.5dollardinners.com/toolbar
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.