I have the pleasure of taking dinner to some dear friends, as she just had a major surgery. This meal will serve 4 adults and 4 kids. If you’ve got a larger family, this is the post for you!
Mexican Rice Casserole
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 35 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef ($2.25) On sale this week
- 1 package taco seasoning ($.50)
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce ($.33)
- 2 cups rice ($.60)
- 1 bar cheese, shredded ($1.50) Bar cheese tends to be cheaper than pre-shredded or pre-cubed!
- 1/2 watermelon ($1.50)
- 6 ears corn ($2.25)
- Bring 4 3/4 cup of water to boil in a pot and add rice. Bring back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Brown ground beef. Drain. Return to skillet, add 3/4 cup water, taco seasoning and tomato sauce. Stir through.
- Add ground beef to rice. Put into 9×13 baking dish. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes until cheese melts.
- Prepare corn. Slice watermelon.
- Enjoy the feast with friends or family!