- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Mexican Ground Beef Quinoa Skillet – $5 Dinner Challenge
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On April 5, 2010 @ 5:14 pm In $5 Dinner Challenge,Beef,Dairy Free,Gluten Free,Pantry Staples,Quinoa,Recipes,Skillet Dinners | 27 Comments
Tonight’s recipe comes from Marilyn! And I’ve got another similar one that I’ll share tomorrow night. This week might turn into “Skillet Dinner Week”…or it might not?!??!?
(Hint: I’ve got some great grilling recipes coming your way!)
So if it rains…and you can’t get out to the grill, stay in and make these skillet dinners instead.
Mexican Ground Beef Quinoa Skillet
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 40 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef (could use ground turkey)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 4-oz. can chopped chilies
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 T. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Brown ground beef and onion; drain excess fat.
- Rinse quinoa in sieve/colander.
- Add tomatoes, chilies, quinoa, water and spices to ground beef mixture and simmer (uncovered) for about 25 minutes. (If water evaporates too quickly, cover pan for remainder of cooking time.)
- Serve Mexican Ground Beef Quinoa Skillet.
P.S. This is totally a Pantry Staples Recipe  too!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/mexican-ground-beef-quinoa-skillet-5-dinner-challenge/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 Pantry Staples Recipe: http://www.5dollardinners.com/category/pantry-staples
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.