- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Maple Rosemary Chicken with Asparagus
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On March 3, 2010 @ 5:18 pm In Recipes | 19 Comments
Sounds gourmet-ish, doesn’t it?!?
My favorite part of this meal, besides…
…was that I was able to take video with my iPhone, upload it straight to You Tube, and then put the videos right on the site. Took just minutes!
Expect more vlogs!
1/3 cup maple syrup (free  from Swagbucks )
1 Tbsp olive oil ($.10) Don’t forget…Olive oil coupon in the sidebar 
2 Tbsp chopped rosemary, fresh or dried ($.50)
3 large chicken breasts, about 1.5 lb ($2.52) Bought last week at $1.68/lb
Salt and pepper
1 lb. asparagus ($.99) On sale this week!
1 cup brown rice ($.40)
1. In a small bowl, add the maple syrup and the olive oil. Mix in the chopped rosemary.
2. In an 8×8 baking dish, add the chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. Pour the maple rosemary sauce over the chicken and coat evenly.
3. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or until chicken has cooked through. Cooking times may vary slightly depending on the thickness of the chicken.
4. Just after putting the chicken in the oven, prepare the asparagus. Rinse and pat dry. Snap the ends off of the asparagus and place into the skillet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Let “marinate” in the olive oil for about 30 minutes.
5. Saute for 4-5 minutes on high heat.
6. Prepare brown rice as directed on package. (If using plain brown rice, this can take 50 minutes! If using minute brown rice, it takes about 5 minutes!)
7. Serve Maple Rosemary Chicken with Asparagus and Brown Rice.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/maple-rosemary-chicken/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 free: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/10/weekly-shopping-trip-october-19th.html
 Swagbucks: http://www.5dollardinners.com/onlineoffers/swagbucks
 in the sidebar: http://www.5dollardinners.com
 great meals with asparagus: http://www.5dollardinners.com/tag/asparagus
 how to saute asparagus: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/03/how-to-saute-asparagus.html
 the site’s disclosure policy: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2007/04/disclosure-policy.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.