- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On November 19, 2009 @ 6:00 am In Dairy Free,Gluten Free,Recipes | 25 Comments
I have really enjoyed experimenting with butternut squash recipes this year!
This one is a keeper! A fantabulous side dish!
1 large butternut squash (about 2-3 pounds) ($1.50)
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil ($.10)
1/4 cup maple syrup (free – $1)
Few dashes each of ground cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice ($.15)
1. Chop off the stem and bottom of the squash. Using a vegetable peeler, peel off remaining skin.
2. Cut the squash in half crosswise just above where it gets larger, or where the seeds live.
3. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds.
4. Dice the whole squash into 1/2 inch cubes.
5. Place squash into an 8×8-inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle with olive oil and maple syrup. Toss.
6. Add a few dashes each of ground cinnamon, ground ginger and allspice. Toss.
7. Bake uncovered at 400° for 30-35 minutes.
8. Serve Maple Roasted Butternut Squash with your Thanksgiving Feast.
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/maple-roasted-butternut-squash/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.