I have really enjoyed experimenting with butternut squash recipes this year!
This one is a keeper! A fantabulous side dish!
Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
Yield – 8 side dish servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 to 35 minutes
- 1 large butternut squash (about 2-3 pounds) ($1.50)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil ($.10)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (free – $1)
- Few dashes each of ground cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice ($.15)
- Chop off the stem and bottom of the squash. Using a vegetable peeler, peel off remaining skin.
- Cut the squash in half crosswise just above where it gets larger, or where the seeds live.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds.
- Dice the whole squash into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place squash into an 8×8-inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle with olive oil and maple syrup. Toss.
- Add a few dashes each of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Toss.
- Bake uncovered at 400° for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve Maple Roasted Butternut Squash with your Thanksgiving Feast.