- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Posted By Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom On September 24, 2010 @ 4:45 pm In Dairy Free,Gluten Free,Recipes,Side Dish | 7 Comments
Brussels Sprouts. Poor things…they have such a bad rap.
I really like them. And both boys willingly eat them. I had to convince them that they tasted like broccoli to get them to try them…but once they did, they both finished off their portion. The hint of maple sweetness *might* have helped them eat them all up.
I could eat these sweet maple flavored, oven roasted little green gems every night of the week!
Prices to look for: $1.99/lb or less for fresh, $.88-$1 per 12-16 oz bag for frozen
2 12 oz. bags of frozen Brussels sprouts
3 Tbsp maple syrup (I get it free from Amazon, using credit earned Swagbucks )
3 Tbsp olive oil
Few dashes of salt and pepper
1. Cook the frozen Brussels sprouts first as directed on the package, then drain the water and pat them dry. (If using fresh Brussels sprouts, wash and pat dry the Brussels sprouts. Pick off any yellow leaves. Steam in a steamer for about 4-5 minutes. Pat dry and proceed to #2.)
2. In a medium size bowl, whisk the maple syrup and olive oil. Toss with the dried Brussels sprouts. Season with a little salt and pepper.
3. Place into a small roasting pan or shallow baking dish and roast at 400 for 30-35 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
4. We had these the other night with the Pork Roast with Apples and Pears . They’d be great with any fall dinner!
(And the leftovers made for a lovely snack the next day!)
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/maple-roasted-brussels-sprouts/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
 Swagbucks: http://www.5dollardinners.com/onlineoffers/swagbucks
 Pork Roast with Apples and Pears: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2008/11/pork-roast-with-apples-and-pears.html
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.