I figure…while I’m in the kitchen this week, I might as well double up on some things…like pancakes and cookie dough. But before we get to the doubling and the batch cooking, let’s chat for a minute about the really important part of this week’s kitchen activity. Thanksgiving sides and desserts.
My mother-in-law is hosting the feast this year…so I’ll be bringing sides and a pie. Here’s what I’ll be hauling over.
Well, maybe not hauling. She lives just down the road. And none of these dishes are real heavy! 😉
- Homemade Butternut Cloverleaf Rolls – Recipe coming Tuesday. I hope!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecake  (Dairy Free)
Batch Cooking Plan
- Pancakes – Triple Batch
- “Healthified” Cookie Dough 
- Whole Chicken in Slow Cooker  – Use broth for Stuffing Cups
- 1 14 oz. can whole cranberry sauce ($.58) with sale and store coupon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (free from Amazon and Swagbucks )
- 1/4 cup milk ($.03)
- Dump all ingredients into a bowl and whisk until well combined. If you want a thinner syrup, add more milk and/or maple syrup.
- Douse your pancakes with this delectable “Fall” syrup.
- Also, a fabulous way to use up any leftover cranberry sauce after the big feast!
Cost $.61 plus the pancakes