- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Magda’s Ham and Cheese Noodle Bake
Posted By Jenn K On October 17, 2013 @ 5:00 pm In Pasta,Pork,Recipes | No Comments
Ham and Cheese Noodle Bake
Yield – 6-8 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 30-35 minutes
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles, elbow macaroni or other noodles
- 14 ounces evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook noodles until they are al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the evaporated milk and 1/4 cup of the milk over medium-low heat until hot.
- In a small bowl, mix the corn starch with the other 1/4 cup of cold milk.
- Add this mixture to the hot milk and cook, stirring continuously until thickened (probably about 3-4 minutes).
- Take the mixture off the heat and add the salt, pepper, mustard and cheese.
- Combine the noodles, ham and sauce.
- Pour into a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
Magda’s Frugal Tip: Get enough sleep. What! What does enough sleep have to do with being frugal? Well, let me tell you. When we don’t get enough sleep, one of our skills that is most affected is our ability to make good decisions. Another thing that is affected, is our self-discipline. So, add together poor decision making and susceptibility to give in to our impulses and you get a whole lot of unintended buying and a lot of unexpected spending. So, you see, more sleep CAN help you to be more frugal and a more responsible person overall! That’s all for now, I am off to bed…
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/magdas-ham-and-cheese-noodle-bake/
URLs in this post:
 in your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/subscribe-to-free-email-updates
 in your feed reader: http://feeds.feedblitz.com/5dinners
 follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/5dollardinners
 Facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/5dollardinnersfans
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.