Here is a fresh twist on the old staple of pork and apple sauce.
Apple Pork Tenderloin
Yield – 6-8 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 30-35 minutes
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup white wine or water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange sliced onions, apples and seasonings in an oven proof dish.
- Pour wine or water over the mixture.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan. Brown the pork tenderloins on all sides.
- Arrange the tenderloins on the apple mixture.
- Spoon some apple mixture over the tenderloins.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve slices of pork with the apple mixture.
Magda’s Frugal Tip: Water can get boring as a cold drink, pop and juices can get very expensive. I love to brew fruit based herbal teas and then chill them to have a delightful, delicious, inexpensive and healthy alternative cold drink. Experiment with various flavours and combinations of flavours to find out which are your favourites. Brew the tea, discard the tea bags and then chill. Serve over ice (to make a stronger tasting iced tea, pour the iced tea into ice cube trays and serve the cold iced tea over the iced tea flavoured cubes. To change up the taste of regular water, serve the water over the flavoured iced teas cubes.