We had a small gathering tonight for Bubby’s birthday…10 adults and 10 kids. As I said earlier, I was bound and determined to keep it simple. Keep it real.
I was bound and determined to provide a meal that was scrumptious using what I had on hand!
The party was perfect! And so was this salad!
2 16 oz. boxes of elbow macaroni noodles ($1.94)
2 carrots ($.20)
2 green peppers ($.75 each)
1/2 large red onion ($.30)
1 cup light mayonnaise ($.50)
4 Tbsp lemon juice ($.20)
4 Tbsp vinegar ($.20)
4 Tbsp sugar ($.10)
Salt and cracked pepper, to taste
1. In a LARGE saucepan, bring water to boil and cook both boxes of pasta noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water. Add to large serving bowl.
2. Peel and chop carrots. Seed and dice green peppers. Chop red onion.
3. Toss pasta noodles with vegetables.
4. Whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and salt and pepper. Pour over pasta and vegetables. Mix well. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, or until completely chilled. Serve chilled.
5. Serve Macaroni Salad to a Crowd.