- Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™ - http://www.5dollardinners.com -
Lunchbox Freezer Tip: Mini Pizzas
Posted By Dana S On November 20, 2012 @ 5:59 pm In batch cooking,Freezer Friendly,Lunch,Recipes | No Comments
This is a fun, different lunch box idea. Make your own “Lunchable-style” pizza kits! I first make a big batch of pizza crusts using my bread machine. Then freeze them on a cookie sheet. Then store the crusts on a cookie sheet. I pull as many pizza crusts as I need the morning of. They thaw in my daughter’s lunchbox before lunch!
I pack a little cheese (and/or vegetables, pepperoni, etc) with another little cup of pizza sauce and a spoon. Then my daughter makes her own pizza in the cafeteria. A fun, frugal lunch!
“Make Your Own Mini Pizzas”
- 1 batch of your favorite pizza dough (Erin’s favorite recipe )
- Mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce and any other favorite pizza toppings
- Make pizza dough as directed.
- Divide pizza dough into mini crust sizes. Bake as directed (watch carefully as the crusts will likely need to bake for less time than your orginial recipe calls for).
- Freeze mini pizza crusts for 20 minutes on a baking sheet.
- Store pizza crusts in freezer bag.
- On morning of, take out 1-2 mini-pizza crusts. Pack with cheese, toppings and pizza sauce for a Lunchable-style make your own pizzas!
Article printed from Recipes, Printable Coupons | $5 Dinners™: http://www.5dollardinners.com
URL to article: http://www.5dollardinners.com/lunchbox-freezer-tip-mini-pizzas/
URLs in this post:
 right into your inbox: http://www.5dollardinners.com/contact/get-emails
 get meal plans delivered to you each week: http://www.5dollarmealplan.com
 Erin’s favorite recipe: http://www.5dollardinners.com/homemade-pizza-crust-recipe/
 Add this recipe to ZipList!: http://www.5dollardinners.comvoid(0);
Copyright © 2011 $5 Dinners™. All rights reserved.