You may be thinking “Really, freezing peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? How long does it take to make a pb&j?” But having a freezer full of already made sandwiches is a huge lifesaver for me on those crazy mornings.
I typically make a whole loaf of sandwiches at a time. The key to a good freezer pb&j is to spread the peanut butter on both sides of the bread. Then add the jelly. This prevents the sandwich from becoming soggy when it thaws.
Another tip is to place each sandwich in a sandwich bag, then double bag it by placing the sandwiches in another freezer bag or bread bag. This keeps the sandwiches fresh!
Freezer Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
Yield – as many sandwiches as you would like
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 1 loaf bread. (I use 100% whole wheat sandwich bread when it is on sale for 88 cents/loaf)
- 1/2 jar natural peanut butter ($1.00)
- 1/3 jar jelly ($1.00)
- Lay out all slices of bread.
- Spread peanut butter on each side of bread.
- Spread jelly on one side. Place both slices of bread together.
- Bag sandwiches into sandwich bags. Then place into another large freezer or bread bag.
- Freezer. Good in freezer for 3-4 months.
Cost $2.88 total or ~$0.16 per sandwich
Other lunch box freezer meals: